DRAMAWERKS ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS
by Marilyn Millstone
directed by Carol M. Rice
Sunday, February 9 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Monday, February 10 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm
For an appointment time, please email
Auditions will be at Rover Dramawerks
located at 221 W. Parker Road, Suite 580 in Plano,
at the northwest corner of 75 and Parker Rd.
in the Ruisseau Village Shopping Center.
Kylie, a young prima ballerina with a torn ACL and a chip on her shoulder, and Esther, an elderly widowed Holocaust survivor estranged from her only child, are both patients of renowned African-American physical therapist Mike Sheffield. When Sheffield decides that the two women should share appointments, attachments form, conflicts erupt, secrets surface, and lives unravel. A play about how we heal Ö and how we donít. World Premiere in partnership with AACT NewPlayFest!
Roles: 2 men, 2 women
||A 33-year-old African-American of average height, muscular. Loves to party but still graduated at the top of his doctoral class in physical therapy.
||An elegant 89-year-old woman who speaks with a slight East European accent.
||A 27-year-old Caucasian graduate student, muscular, congenial. (also FERNANDO)
||A 28-year-old prima ballerina. Even though she is currently walking with a cane, she maintains the regal bearing of a dancer. (also MIME and SAMANTHA)
All roles are available.
· Email audition14_at_roverdramawerks_com
for an appointment time, and access to a script will be made available to you. Be familiar with the script before coming to auditions.
· Be prepared to read scenes from the script
· Please bring a resume and head shot.
· References may be required.
· Actors and technicians will receive stipends.
· Rehearsals will be in Plano and will begin on or around March 15. All conflicts must be noted at time of audition.
· The playwright and a dramaturg will be further workshopping this play as a part of its involvement with AACT. After Roverís production, the script will be published through Dramatic Publishing, featuring the original cast and production team.
Please call (972) 849-0358 for more information.
will run April 23 - May 9, 2020 on Thursdays and
Fridays at 8:00 and Saturdays at 3:00 and 8:00 pm,
at Rover Dramawerks, 221 W. Parker Rd., Suite 580,