ALL SLOTS ARE FILLED
Rover Dramawerks announces our third annual
10-Minute Play Contest!
We are seeking 10-minute comedies or farces to be a part of our Seventeenth Season.
· Submissions will be accepted from September 20 to October 20.
· Only the first 300 10-minute plays will be accepted.
·No musicals - meaning particularly "no musicals"
· Plays may have been produced previously but not in the DFW Metroplex.
· Plays may not be published.
· Playwrights may submit only one 10-minute play. Additional plays submitted by a single person will result in disqualification.
· A cast list and brief synopsis must be included.
· Only PDF files will be accepted.
· Name and contact info must not appear anywhere on the script (i.e. this is a blind
· Submissions will ONLY be accepted via our website using the form provided.
Five to eight plays will be chosen to be a part of Rover’s 10-Minute Play Festival, July 20 - 29, 2017 with all winners receiving a $50 prize. The audience will also vote on the “Best of the Fest,” and that overall winner will receive an additional $100.
Rover Dramawerks performs in a reconfigurable black box theatre that seats 80-120. Please take this into consideration when presenting your work to us for consideration.
We recommend that you check out our website* to see the types of plays we generally produce.
(Specifically our current season and our past productions)
The judges reserve the right not to award prizes or productions for any category if they feel the caliber of plays received does not warrant a winner.
*Why yes, this is oddly self-referential. But honestly, you would be stunned how many people don't even bother to find out that we aren't an all left-handed anti-shampoo rights activist Anarcho-Syndacalist communal theater performing only aboriginal iambic pentameter puppet requiems and that we don't perform underwater string quartets on a regular basis so those resources are unlikely for a single 10 minute script. Seriously. Look at our stuff. If it doesn't look like your stuff.... then they aren't gonna magically start looking alike as the judges read it. If most of your stuff doesn't, but the one over in the corner of your hand-me-down chesterfield bookshelf holding up the pressed flower from your high school prom and wedged just so, keeping your slightly leaky Magic 8 Ball from rolling over and staining yet another copy of your Junior Year 4H Llama Husbandry award does look like our stuff....
Then send that one.